David Clouston has been practicing securities, commercial and employment litigation in Dallas, Texas since 1993. With a reputation for unparalleled advocacy in state and federal court, as well as in various arbitration forums, he works closely with brokerage firms, oil, gas and chemical companies, manufacturers and distributors, real estate brokers and agents, and wholesale/retail businesses in a variety of matters, including litigation avoidance, customer disputes and claims, employment and corporate governance issues, products liability claims, and industry disputes.
Mr. Clouston represents clients in cases before the Texas State Securities Board, FINRA, the NYSE, NASDAQ and the SEC, as well as in regulatory and enforcement proceedings before state and federal agencies.
After graduating from North Dakota State University, Mr. Clouston attended Baylor Law School. He has co-authored articles on securities, employment and corporate governance issues published in The National Law Journal, Baylor Law Review, Executive Legal Advisor and In-House Texas. For many years he was the monthly securities podcaster for Texas Lawyer.
Mr. Clouston was also selected as one of the “Best Lawyers in Dallas 2016-2019” and received the award for Securities Litigation and Enforcement.
- Adjunct Professor, SMU Dedman School of Law Trial Advocacy Program
- SMU Dedman School of Law Mock Trial Coach
- Texas Bar Association, Employment and Securities Sections
- Dallas Bar Association, Employment and Securities Sections
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Securities Industry Association, Legal and Compliance Division