My experience in the field of Personal Injury litigation began as a high school intern for a Personal Injury attorney. From that time I knew that helping injured people would be the focus of my professional career. I worked diligently on my school work, and obtained full scholarships from St. John’s University for both college and law school. I continued to work at a Personal Injury firm throughout my college and law school years and learned the “nuts and bolts” of how to litigate cases and handle insurance claims.
Once I graduated from St. John’s University School of Law, I began my career as an attorney and quickly learned what it takes to be both proficient and efficient with paperwork and in the courtroom. It became clear that there is no substitute for hard work, diligence, and preparation. I pride myself on strong client communication and accessibility, and will always be happy to speak with clients and address their needs and concerns.
The goal in any attorney-client relationship is to obtain fair and just compensation for the injuries suffered by the client. The Cellino and Barnes cooperative and professional environment gives each client the best chance possible to achieve that goal. With a unique blend of seasoned trial attorneys, skilled paralegals and an unmatched support staff each client will have the care and support they deserve in their time of need. There is no greater compliment that a client can pay their attorney than to refer a friend or loved one. I want every client to feel that we have been fair, considerate and diligent in representing them and made their life a little easier during a difficult time.
As Special Counsel to the firm, my duties include drafting and arguing appeals and reviewing motions for other attorneys. I have successfully argued appeals before the New York Appellate Division (First and Second Departments) and the Superior Court of Pennsylvania – Middle District. I have handled appeals arising from motor vehicle accidents, premises cases and medical malpractice actions. I am particularly proud of my work on the case of Fessenden v. Robert Packer. Based upon our appeal, the Superior Court of Pennsylvania changed the law regarding the need for experts in retained sponge cases where claims are often based on the doctrine of res ipsa loquitor. The Supreme Court of Pennsylvania subsequently denied leave to appeal thereby making Fessenden the controlling case law on the issue.
I was born in Brooklyn and raised in Williston Park in Nassau County. I now reside in Mineola and enjoy spending my free time with my wife Sophia, our daughter Ava and our dogs and cats.
- St. John’s University, Queens, New York – B.S. 2001 (Chemistry/Math) “Summa Cum Laude”
- St. John’s University School of Law, Queens, New York – J.D. 2004
- New York State Courts
- Federal District Court – Eastern District of New York
- Federal District Court – Southern District of New York
- Pennsylvania State Courts
- Federal District Court – Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Federal District Court – Middle District of Pennsylvania
- The National Trial Lawyers – Top 40 Under 40
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Multimillion Dollar Advocates Forum
- Super Lawyers 2015 New York Metro Rising Stars
- St. John’s School of Law – Presidential Scholarship
- St. John’s University – Competitive, Catholic High School, and Merit Scholarships
- Eagle Scout – Boy Scouts of America
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Arc of Dauphin County – Charter Family Member
- Garden City Bird Sanctuary