I am a native of Charlotte and graduated from Myers Park High School. After college and law school, I moved back to Charlotte and served as a police officer, and as an officer in the N.C. Army National Guard. I focus my law practice primarily on family law and estate planning.
I live in Huntersville with my wife and our four children. We both have children from previous relationships, and one child together. I thoroughly understand the difficulties that come with divorce, dividing your assets and debts, and child custody, having to blend two child custody schedules myself. Understanding custody from both a legal and practical perspective, I try to help my clients develop arrangements that truly support their children’s best interests, and that work for the long term. I am passionate about helping parents develop schedules that minimize conflict, and support their children’s growth and development. My practice philosophy avoids or minimizes litigation to the extent we are able to come to a reasonable agreement. If we are not, or if we are dealing with the unreasonable, we have no choice but to fight for what is best for your children.
– Appalachian State University – Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
– Oklahoma City University School of Law – Juris Doctor
– Boston University – Master of Criminal Justice
– University of St. Andrews – Graduate certificate in Terrorism Studies
Additional professional experience:
– Police officer with the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department (6.5 years)
– United States Army veteran – Engineer officer with the North Carolina Army National Guard (8.5 years). Deployed in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.